Step 1: Delete the Safari cache
Note: This will log you out of any websites you've signed into.
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app and scroll down to the 5th group of options (with ‘Passwords & Accounts’ at the top). Tap ‘Safari’ at the bottom of this group.
2. Scroll down and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
3. Tap 'Clear History and Data'.
Step 2: Clear app data
Data stored by other apps can be cleared using the ‘Usage’ option under ‘Settings’.
1. Tap ‘Settings’ > ‘General’ > ‘iPhone Storage’.
2. At the bottom of the screen you'll see your apps, arranged by the amount of storage they take up. Tap on ‘iFOREX’.
3. Check ‘Documents & Data’. If it's using more than 500MB, it's worth deleting and reinstalling the app to clear the space.
4. Tap ‘Delete App’, confirm and then go to the App Store and download it again. This will be a “clean” install without the data and documents.
Step 3: Free up memory by restarting your iPhone or iPad
1. Hold down the power button (at the top or top-right of the device) until ‘Slide to power off’ appears. If you own an X-series iPhone, you'll need to hold down both power and volume up until the slider appears.
2. Swipe the power off slider.
3. Wait until the device has fully powered down, then press and hold the power button to turn on the iPhone again.